KIKO Network has been carrying out a project aimed at achieving by 2020 carbon dioxide emissions from Japan’s residential and commercial sectors that are 30% lower than 1990 levels. A report on the results of this project was published in September 2006: a summary follows.
- Project aims
- Emission trends in Japan’s residential and commercial sectors
- The “Baseline Case” – a business-as-usual scenario for 2020
- Vision of a society able to achieve a 30% reduction
- The “Minus 30% Case” – a significant reduction scenario for 2020
- Policies and measures for achieving a 30% reduction